A recap of my message “The Wife of Hosea” (from the series “Unfaithful: Are You Cheating on God?”) in 140 characters or less.
- Gomer’s sin was motivated by a desire for personal gain (cf. Hosea 2:5), something we should be careful of. #NewMorningProvo
- Whatever you think it is your sin gives you, remember that it is temporary, lasting only “for a season” (Hebrews 11:25). #NewMorningProvo
- One of the dangers of religious activity is that it gives a false sense of security (cf. Hosea 2:11; 1 Samuel 15:22). #NewMorningProvo
- Gomer’s sin may cause you to stand in awe of Hosea’s love. However, it is a finite picture of God’s infinite love for you. #NewMorningProvo
- When you experience the love of God, your former affections “shall no more be remembered by their name” (Hosea 2:17). #NewMorningProvo
Be sure to follow @NewMorningFWBC on Twitter!