Share our most recent updates with your church, small group, Sunday school class, or youth group! Just click here.
Last week we hosted our first out of town visitors of the year. Brent Patrick, the pastor of Gateway Church in Virginia Beach, Virginia, and Chip Henley, the associate pastor of outreach, joined us for three days. It was a very encouraging visit for us and an eyeopening one for them as they left with a better understanding of the context in which God has called us to minister.
Bryant and I picked them up at the airport and took the afternoon to show them around Salt Lake City. Like with all first time visitors, this meant a tour of Temple Square, but we also stopped by This Is the Place Heritage Park on the way home. The next day I showed them the incredible city of Provo. We visited a number of the uniquely Mormon landmarks, spent time on BYU’s campus, grabbed lunch at a local restaurant, and prayed for our upcoming service at our meeting facility. Their final day was more relaxed. We went to the American Red Cross’s 2014 Heroes Recognition Event, which I was a part of, and afterwards played eighteen holes…of Wii golf.
We are so appreciative of Brent and Chip’s taking the time to see us and we’re looking forward to the possibility of hosting a larger group from Virginia in the future! In the meantime, we want to extend the same invitation to your church: Come visit Provo, Utah!
You can download our most recent mission trip flyer here.
When you give at New Morning Church you are not only allowing God to use you to help impact Provo with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, you are also impacting people’s lives for eternity throughout our state, across our country, and around the world. Let me share just a few exciting ways that happened in 2013:
- Participating in local events such as the Utah Valley Women’s Expo, the Provo Farmers Market, the Utah Valley Chamber of Commerce’s Primetime, and the Freedom Festival allowed us to pass out hundreds of Bibles.
- With the help of mission teams from both North and South Carolina we took thousands of Gospel tracts door to door.
- Having begun recording our services, we’ve touched lives in nearly every state and in dozens of countries.
- During our very first baby dedication service, the Gospel was preached to a record attendance of thirty-four.
- Through designated giving and special offerings, we gave the work of the Food and Care Coalition, church planter Daniel Mann, missionary Andy Moore, Samaritan’s Purse, Key Radio, Holding Out Help, evangelist Nick Vujicic, and the Gideon’s International, as well as in tornado relief efforts in Oklahoma through Hillsdale College.
2014 promises equally exciting opportunities! In addition to our own outreach efforts, New Morning will continue to partner with outside organizations and ministries both prayerfully and financially. This year that will include:
- Key Radio
- Holding Out Help
- Truth in Love Ministries
- Daniel Mann (church planter)
- John Groeneveld (medical missionary)
- Food and Care Coalition
- Pregnancy Resource Center
- Red Cross
While we will become better acquainted with these organizations over the coming months, I ask that you please go ahead and make it a point to mention each of them in prayer this week, and perhaps begin setting aside money for our upcoming Easter and Christmas offerings, of which these groups will receive a portion.
Remember that in addition to giving through a Connection Card in our Sunday services, you can give anytime by mailing in your gifts or donating online. Thank you for your generosity and commitment to the work of God’s Kingdom!